You can read more about this in our newest application note, ANO53: Wireless Extension of Industrial Fieldbuses.
Benefits of Wireless Extensions of Fieldbuses:
Key benefits of switching to wireless systems include but are not limited to:
- Avoid high costs of buying, installing, and maintaining cables.
- Avoid cables forming an obstacle for your factory workers, machinery, and robots.
- Wireless systems are more mobile and can be mounted anywhere.
- Going wireless can also offer added features to the system which were previously unavailable, for example, increasing the range of the system with a multi-hop mesh network such as RIIM.
Benefits of Using RS232 & RS485 Over Radiocrafts’ RC232 Solution:
Key benefits of switching to a Wireless RC232 network include but are not limited to:
- Simple, easy-to-use, and high-performance cable replacement and networking protocol embedded in a module.
- Proven technology with over 17 years of experience in the field.
- Point to point, point to multi-point, peer to peer networks, and a multi-hop option.
- Controlled with an easy UART interface.
- Native support for RS232 and RS485, no additional code or connection adjustments required.
- Data rates ranging from 1.2 kbps to 100 kbps on the RF side.
- Frequency ranges from 169 MHz – 2.4 GHz for global support.
- Bi-directional, transparent data communication.
Benefits of Using RS232 & RS485 Over Radiocrafts’ RIIM Solution:
Key benefits of switching to a Wireless RIIM network include but are not limited to:
- RIIM operates in the 868 MHz or 915 MHz frequency band. (Contact email@example.com for 433 MHz inquiries)
- Link Layer Security & DTLS/TLS
- Time-synchronized events
- High throughput in Europe by implementing Polite Spectrum Access schemes
- Supports both CoAP and UDP protocols
- Supports up to a thousand nodes organized in a mesh network-topology.
- Line of Sight (LoS) range of up to 5 km in normal power module and more than 20 km in the high-power module.
- 2-way symmetrical communication with OTA (Over the air) updates.
- Very short network delays for near real time applications.
- Cloud application compatible via IP packets to each mesh router.