Radiocrafts is proud to announce the first broad market release of our latest product line: RIIM™ (Radiocrafts Industrial IP Mesh)
RIIM™ is now available for order!
RIIM™ (Radiocrafts IP Mesh) is an embedded RF system designed to be an all-inclusive, easy to use mesh, with direct IP addressing. The RF protocol is the IEEE802.15.4 g/e standard. RIIM™ includes an Intelligent C-programmable I/O (ICI), which makes it possible to directly interface to any sensor or actuator, and, it supports Mist Computing. RIIM™ does not require any license or subscription fee.
Important benefits of RIIM™ include:
- Short development time – The complete network is supported from the module.
- IP to the sensors/controllers from the cloud – Each network node has an IP address and a CoAP client/server.
- IPv6 supported in the RIIM network.
- IPv4 supported from the Border Router.
- Self-forming, self-healing mesh network, no setup at instillation.
- Fully automatic setup at installation.
- Automatic re-routing when network problems are detected.
- 40 x 40 km urban coverage – Sufficient for industrial requirements.
- Supports up to 29 hops.
- Range in urban environments is 200 meters.
- Line of Sight range is 5 km.
- “Global support” – Software configurable 915 MHz or 868 MHz frequencies.
- Connects to any sensor chip/controller via Radiocrafts’ ICI framework.
- ICI is a tool provided by Radiocrafts which allows our customers, even the ones with little to no RF experience, to easily create a complex application managing and interfacing sensors and actuators in less than 100 lines of C-code, removing the need for an external microcontroller in their devices.
- Very Low Power, coin cell battery operation possible – The leaf nodes can be put in “Sleepy” mode, reducing current consumption to a minimum.
- The IPM module output power is configurable. Allowing the user to reduce power and current when not needed.
- TSCH allows Mesh Router nodes to sleep for a large percentage of time
- Future proof by Over-The-Air updates (OTA).
- You can update/upgrade your ICI application code even when the network is already deployed and fully operational, meaning, new sensors can be added to the network when the need arises.
- Tailor made solutions available through Radiocrafts design services.
- The standard solution can be modified to fit individual customer requirements that are not covered with the standard solution.
- Designed to meet tough industrial requirements.
- Built on proven solutions: IEEE802.15.4 e/g, RPL routing, 6TSCH, 6LoWPAN, CoAP.
- All modules are fully tested prior to shipment.
Read more about RIIM™ benefits and features here.
RIIM™ Target Applications:
RIIM™ targets networks where fast time to market and low engineering effort is desired. Additionally, it targets networks with the following requirements:
- Industrial grade reliability
- Adaptation to customer needs
- Long range and great coverage
- Low Power
- Simple network setup
Examples of such applications include but are not limited to:
- Smart city
- Energy management systems
- Light control
- Climate control
- Access control and security
Radiocrafts Offers The Following Parts and Development Tools For Your RIIM™ Network:
- RC1882CEF-IPM module: a versatile module that can be used as a network root (border router), router node, and low power lead node.
- RIIM™ Border Router: a finished deployable gateway. Sensors can be connected to the RC1882CEF-IPM using common interfaces (e.g I2C, SPI), and the user can interface them as required by using an easy-to-use programming API through the concept of ICI.
- RIIM™ Software Development Kit (SDK): Contains firmware, tools, documentation and examples for sensors to minimize the work needed for development.
Read more about the parts and tools in the RIIM™ network here.
RIIM™ Support Materials On The Radiocrafts Website:
We have released a number of documents and video snippets in order to make it as easy as possible for Radiocrafts’ customers to use RIIM™. These documents and videos include:
- RIIM SDK Quick Start – Guide to help the reader through installation and setup of the RIIM™ SDK and through the process of compiling and downloading a pre-made application in the SDK.
- RIIM SDK User Manual – Shows you how to use the RIIM™ software development kit with application frameworks and tools for creating and uploading end applications to the RC1882CEF-IPM.
- RIIM User Manual – a detailed step by step introduction on how to use our module.
- RC1882CEF-IPM Datasheet – Covers technical information for the RC1882CEF-IPM module.
- RIIM DK User Manual – Describes how to use the Development Kit for RIIM™ modules.
- AN029: C-Programming of ICI – This application note demonstrates how easy it is to create your own application using Radiocrafts’ ICI (intelligent C-programmable I/O).
- WP015: Radiocrafts Industrial IP Mesh – This document discusses the background for why RIIM was developed and what the benefits are to the industry that makes IP mesh a commercially attractive solution.
- RIIM SDK Examples – This document displays a number of ICI examples which the customer can explore using the RIIM SDK. The ICI examples were created to help the customer better understand the benefits and functionality of ICI.
You can find these documentations and more at our document library here.
RIIM™ Video Snippets:
- How to Get Started with The RIIM Development Kit – A video showing you how to use the RIIM development kit from unboxing the kit to creating a simple ICI application using the RIIM SDK.
- How to Create a Complete RIIM Network, From Sensor to Cloud – A video showing you how to connect your RIIM™ sensor application to the cloud. We provide various examples such as, connecting one sensor to the cloud, adding a second sensor to the network, changing the read times of the sensor, and more.
You can find these video snippets and more at our Webinars and Video Snippets webpage here.
The first release of RIIM is now available for order, so you can get your own RIIM network up and running in a matter of weeks!