A modern intelligent streetlighting system based on LED lights and wireless mesh communication for supervision gives a huge return on investment, ultra-low power for energy saving, high-throughput networking, best range and coverage, and unmatched reliability!
Radiocrafts has upgraded our State-of-the-Art Industrial IP Mesh solution, RIIM, to the requirements of this domain based on feedback from top tier streetlighting customers.
A few of the many benefits you can expect from, RIIM, the next-generation wireless streetlighting control solution, include:
- Adaptive Frequency Agility – High-throughput networking with minimal packet loss.
- Time-synchronization – Management of exact start and stop times for certain events.
- Time-Synchronized Channel Hopping – Offers unmatched reliability (99.99%).
- Multicast – Easier remote configuration management and the creation of dynamic groups of streetlights in specific areas of a city, both locally and network-wide.
- Symmetric 2-way communication – For over-the-air updates making it possible to add new sensors/controllers to the already deployed network and broadcast messages of new schedules efficiently.
- Massive Network – 40 x 40 km² coverage with 28 mesh hops / 700 meters between each streetlighting pole / 1000 streetlights on a single gateway.
- Radiocrafts’ ICI Framework – Embedded in the module and allows you to directly interface to virtually any sensor/actuator, such as a motion sensor, GPS, dim control sensors, and more.
You can learn more about our state-of-the-art RIIM solution for street lighting applications on our dedicated street lighting landing page.
You can find documentation including application notes describing these various features in detail here.
Want to test RIIM for your own street lighting projects? Buy a development kit or samples from Radiocrafts here!