To help our customers understand the full profile of their Mesh Router’s power consumption, Radiocrafts created a tool, the Battery Lifetime Estimator Tool, which estimates in hours, days, and years, the expected battery lifetime of a Mesh Router under investigation.
The tool uses data entered by the user about the node to make the estimation. This data includes:
- TSCH mode being used
- Broadcast rate set by the user in the ICI application
- Position of the node in the mesh structure
- Type, size, and frequency of data originating from the node
- And more
In our newest application note, “AN057: Power Consumption Guidelines in RIIM” we introduce the Battery Lifetime Estimator Tool, explaining the above-mentioned tunable parameters in greater detail and how they all mount up to a certain battery lifetime figure.
The Battery Lifetime Estimator Tool can be found on Radiocrafts’ GitHub page.
- RC1882CEF-IPM module datasheet (Download)
- RC1882HPCF-IPM and RC1892HPCF-IPM datasheet (Download)
- AN042: Battery-Operated Mesh: Theory, Benefits, and Performance Results (Download)
- AN055: RIIM Network Design: Theory, Guidelines, and Simulation Results (Download)
- RIIM Documentation (Explore)
Are you interested in testing RIIM for your own application? Buy a development kit from Digi-Key or from a distribution partner near you!
Download the application note here!