Radiocrafts’ compact module RC1882CEF-MIOTY1 is the first ever shielded RF module with a complete Mioty stack. Mioty is designed to have the best-in-class reliability and scalability of all available LPWAN technologies today to support massive industrial and commercial IoT deployments. (Smart Metering, Smart City, Industrial sensor applications, and more)
The new major upgrades to our RC1882CEF-MIOTY1 module include:
- Bi-directional communication – Allows for two-way communication enabling the gateway to send packets down to the end devices.
- Supported for all the bands in the 868 MHz band (EU+) and 915 MHz band (USA+)
- UART protocol updated to be compliant to the official AT protocol from the Mioty Alliance.
- User can now reduce the outpower power setting – Allows for adaptive output power where the end device can reduce the output power in agreement with the base station if the signal level is considered higher than required.
- User no longer needs to sign a licence agreement to purchase MIOTY1 modules or development kits.
Radiocrafts is hosting a Mioty webinar on the 16th of December where we will discuss the above mentioned Mioty module upgrades and other benefits our customers can get out of Mioty, suitable applications for Mioty, the Mioty Alliance and ecosystem, Mioty field trials, upcoming Mioty product releases and more. Sign up for the webinar here!
Additional benefits of the Mioty technology and module include:
- LPWAN: Ultra-narrowband radio with Telegram Splitting technology
- Highly resistant to interference
- Only LPWAN for massive IoT deployments
- More than a million messages per day in one network (single gateway)
- Typical 20 km line-of-sight, 5 km in urban environment
- License free 868 MHz for Europe. 915 MHz for US / FCC (to be released)
- Very low power consumption, short radio transmissions, battery friendly
- Pin compatible with other products from Radiocrafts
- Shielded compact module, only 12.7 x 25.4 mm
Mioty represents and new milestone in the pursuit for global scalability!
Are you interested in revolutionizing the IoT industry with Radiocrafts and several other companies in the Mioty Alliance? Then hop onto the Mioty bandwagon by buying an RC1882-MIOTY1-DK development kit from Digi-Key (available soon) or from a Distribution Partner near you! Note that you will need to buy a third-party Mioty gateway.