Do you need cost-effective, subscription free connectivity for your Smart Irrigation system? A solution which can support precision control for precision agriculture and can cover an area of approximately 80x80km on a single gateway with up to 1000 nodes?
These reasons among many others are why Radiocrafts’ ultra-reliable Industrial IP Mesh solution, RIIM, is a new trend in Smart irrigation!
Radiocrafts hosted a webinar on the topic “Wireless Solutions For Next Generation Smart Irrigation” which you can watch here.
In this webinar we discuss:
- Why Smart Irrigation is important today
- Radiocrafts’ 169 MHz solutions for hard-to-reach installations
- The challenges that come with a smart irrigation installation
- The technical advantages of RIIM for smart Irrigation
- Using RIIM for precision control in precision agriculture
It is definitely worth a watch if you are interested in upgrading your Smart Irrigation installations!
Did you miss out on our previous News Item describing the benefits and innovative features for RIIM in Smart Irrigation? No problem! You can read about the benefits here as well.
Radiocrafts has also released a series of application notes describing impressive features in RIIM which are essential for an efficient Smart Irrigation installation. These include but are not limited to:
- AN034: RIIM Range – Basics and Measurement Results – Read about the impressive RIIM range measurements conducted by Radiocrafts both in urban and Line-of-Sight areas.
- AN039: Measuring The Power Consumption of RIIM Leaf Nodes Operating in Sleep Mode – Demonstrates how to perform the measurements needed to verify the power consumption of RIIM Leaf Nodes operating in Sleep mode. RIIM Leaf Nodes can reach very low power consumption levels when operating in Sleep mode. In average, 4.7µA can be observed when measuring current used by the module.
- AN042: Battery-Operated Mesh – Theory, Benefits, and Performance Results – Shows how RIIM with its Time-Synchronized Channel Hopping (TSCH) enables battery-operated Mesh Routers. In this document TSCH is explained, along with how it enables Sleep Mode in Mesh Routers, thus allowing for battery-operated Mesh Routers. Later, some of the important design guidelines are presented to help users tune key parameters in their RIIM™ network to suit their specific use-case. Lastly, performance results of battery-operated Mesh Routers are demonstrated.
- AN046: Connecting RIIM to the Internet – This document aims to briefly break down 4 of the most commonly used connectivity options, presenting each option’s building blocks, in addition to its pros and cons.
- AN048: Border Router Redundancy in RIIM – one of the methods to achieving Border Router redundancy is explained. In addition, the ICI example application needed is presented.
If you are interested in testing RIIM for your own Smart Irrigation system, then Radiocrafts recommends you buy a RIM development kit. The RIIM development kit allows you to quickly and easily create a wireless link or network where you can make a good analysis of the network performance!
Buy the RIIM development kit here.