A modern Smart Irrigation System based on precision control for precision agriculture and wireless mesh communication gives a huge return on investment, ultra-low power for energy saving, best range and coverage, and unmatched reliability!
Radiocrafts has upgraded our State-of-the-Art Industrial IP Mesh solution, RIIM, to the requirements of this domain based on feedback from top tier Smart Irrigation customers.
A few of the many benefits you can expect from, RIIM, the next-generation Smart Irrigation solution, include:
- Time-Synchronized Channel Hopping – Offers unmatched reliability (99.99%).
- Massive Network – 80 x 80 km² coverage with 28 mesh hops in a semi-rural open environment / 1400 meters between each sensor node / 1000 devices on a single gateway.
- Symmetrical 2-way communication – Essential for collecting sensor readings (uplink communication), controlling devices such as valves (downlink communication), and over-the-air updates.
- Very Low Power for Battery Operation – A RIIM mesh router can handle down to 118 uA at 3.3v average power consumption enabling all battery devices in the network to further extend the network coverage.
- Adaptive Frequency Agility – High-throughput networking with minimal packet loss and increased reliability.
- Time-synchronization – Management of exact start and stop times for certain events such as, starting irrigation of a certain part of the field immediately after irrigation stops in another part of the field to decrease water pressure in the pipes.
- Radiocrafts’ ICI Framework – Embedded in the module and allows you to directly interface to virtually any sensor/actuator, such as soil moisture sensors, UV sensors, rain/freeze sensors, wind sensors, and more.
You can learn more about our state-of-the-art RIIM solution for Smart Irrigation applications on our dedicated Smart Irrigation landing page.
You can find documentation on RIIM including application notes describing these various features in detail in our document library.