The first release of Radiocrafts new product line, RIIM™ (Radiocrafts Industrial IP Mesh), is now in mass production and on stock at Digikey.com!
RIIM™ is now available from stock at Digikey!
RIIM™ (Radiocrafts IP Mesh) is an embedded RF system designed to be an all-inclusive, easy to use mesh, with direct IP addressing. The RF protocol is the IEEE802.15.4 g/e standard. RIIM™ includes an Intelligent C-programmable I/O (ICI), which makes it possible to directly interface to any sensor or actuator, and, it supports Mist Computing. RIIM™ does not require any license or subscription fee.
Important benefits of RIIM™ include:
- Short development time – The complete network is supported from the module.
- IP to the sensors/controllers from the cloud – Each network node has an IP address and a CoAP client/server.
- IPv6 supported in the RIIM network.
- IPv4 supported from the Border Router.
- Self-forming, self-healing mesh network, no setup at instillation.
- Fully automatic setup at installation.
- Automatic re-routing when network problems are detected.
- 10 x 10 km urban coverage – Sufficient for industrial requirements.
- Supports up to 29 hops.
- Range in urban environments is 200 meters.
- Line of Sight range is 5 km.
- “Global support” – Software configurable 915 MHz or 868 MHz frequencies.
- Connects to any sensor chip/controller via Radiocrafts’ ICI framework.
- ICI is a tool provided by Radiocrafts which allows our customers, even the ones with little to no RF experience, to easily create a complex application managing and interfacing sensors and actuators in less than 100 lines of C-code, removing the need for an external microcontroller in their devices.
- Future proof by Over-The-Air updates (OTA).
- You can update/upgrade your ICI application code even when the network is already deployed and fully operational, meaning, new sensors can be added to the network when the need arises.
- Tailor made solutions available through Radiocrafts design services.
- The standard solution can be modified to fit individual customer requirements that are not covered with the standard solution.
- Designed to meet tough industrial requirements.
- Built on proven solutions: IEEE802.15.4 e/g, RPL routing, 6TSCH, 6LoWPAN, CoAP.
- All modules are fully tested prior to shipment.
Read more about RIIM™ benefits and features here.
RIIM™ Target Applications:
RIIM™ targets networks where fast time to market and low engineering effort is desired. Additionally, it targets networks with the following requirements:
- Industrial grade reliability
- Adaptation to customer needs
- Long range and great coverage
- Simple network setup
Examples of such applications include but are not limited to:
- Smart city
- Energy management systems
- Light control
- Climate control
- Access control and security
Radiocrafts Now Offers The Following Parts and Development Tools For Your RIIM™ Network:
- RC1882CEF-IPM module: a versatile module that can be used as a network root (border router), router node, and a leaf node.
- RIIM™ Software Development Kit (SDK): Contains firmware, tools, documentation and examples for sensors to minimize the work needed for development. You can download the SDK here.
Read more about the parts and tools in the RIIM™ network here.
RIIM™ Support Materials On The Radiocrafts Website:
We have released a number of documents in order to make it as easy as possible for Radiocrafts’ customers to use RIIM™. These documents include:
- RIIM SDK Quick Start – Guide to help the reader through installation and setup of the RIIM™ SDK and through the process of compiling and downloading a pre-made application in the SDK.
- RIIM SDK User Manual – Shows you how to use the RIIM™ software development kit with application frameworks and tools for creating and uploading end applications to the RC1882CEF-IPM.
- RIIM User Manual – a detailed step by step introduction on how to use our module.
- RC1882CEF-IPM Datasheet – Covers technical information for the RC1882CEF-IPM module.
- RIIM DK User Manual – Describes how to use the Development Kit for RIIM™ modules.
- AN029: C-Programming of ICI – This application note demonstrates how easy it is to create your own application using Radiocrafts’ ICI (intelligent C-programmable I/O).
- WP015: Radiocrafts Industrial IP Mesh – This document discusses the background for why RIIM was developed and what the benefits are to the industry that makes IP mesh a commercially attractive solution.
- RIIM SDK Examples – You can explore and test a number of ICI examples using the RIIM SDK, created to help the customer better understand the benefits and functionality of ICI.
You can find these documentations and more at our document library here. Just type “RIIM” in the document library search function and all documentation available for RIIM will appear before you.
The first release of RIIM is now available from stock at Digikey, so you can get your own RIIM network up and running in a matter of weeks!